Boiling eggs is a bit of an art, really – done wrong and you end up with that gross green ring around the yolks that tastes of sulfur. Done right, you end up with perfectly cooked, creamy yolks and a nice firm white that is easy to peel.
A heavy pot big enough to hold all of the eggs you want to cook in one layer
A bowl of ice water
- Put the eggs in your pot and cover them with cold water by about an inch.
- Turn the heat on to medium high. Keep an eye on the pot until it boils.
- As soon as the water starts to boil, cover the pot, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 11 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the water and immediately plunge into ice water.
- Peel the eggs and use as your heart desires.